Alexandra Engellmann's Reviews > The Conspiracy of Silence

The Conspiracy of Silence by Augustine Sam

Augustine Sam has written a creative political thriller full of twists and surprises. What starts as a murder mystery with the Governor’s wife’s body found in the park, soon turns into something so much bigger, involving the ‘big people’s’ sex scandals and secret lovers. The main character Rita has to untangle the complicated case in order to save the man she loves.
The characters’ integrity and entertaining personalities made this book so much better than your ordinary crime thriller. I could see the work that the author had put into this story, and how well-developed its every aspect was. Another thing that I’d like to mention is the action. The author’s writing style truly unfolded there, painting vivid and dynamic images.
Despite the fact that I’m not a huge thriller fan, and not into politics, I enjoyed this book and read it in two days because of how gripping it was. I would recommend it to any thriller fan, but especially, to those interested in a strong female character.
*I received a free copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Conspiracy of Silence.

November 27, 2015 – Started Reading