Jan Goodard's Reviews > Lady of Intrigue

Lady of Intrigue by Sabrina Darby

F 50x66

I received this book from NetGallery for an honest review.
Romance and intrigue set in the early 1800's are among my favorite settings. A Lady of Intrigue does not disappoint. However, the characters and storyline are different than the usual romance with intrigue novel. Yes, Lady Jane is a respected member of society but Gerald is not. They "meet" when Gerald is completing his assignment as an assassin/spy for hire. She has unfortunately chosen to ride in the coach of his target. An accident is staged and though seriously injured, Jane is witness to Gerald carrying out his assassination. He should get rid of the witness but he is drawn to her, not really knowing why. He takes her from the scene and cares for her as she heals from her injuries. They find though their lives have been very different, they are quite alike. Although they try they can not deny the attraction they have to each other.
Lady Jane does find her way back to her father. Gerald finds his way to Jane. Gerald wants to be worthy of her, but there is danger to both of them related to his work. Will they be able to overcome the obstacles that threaten their HEA? You will need to read the book to find out if and how it is resolved. This is the first of Sabrina Darby' s books I have read but I did enjoy her writing style. I liked the way she told the usual romance story in an usual way, from a different perspective. Recommended reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady of Intrigue.

Started Reading