Justine's Reviews > Their Fractured Light

Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman

bookshelves: 2016-read

This last book in the Starbound Trilogy was a mostly satisfying conclusion to the series. The POV characters this time are Avon native turned con artist Sofia, and the infamous hacker known as the Knave of Hearts, Gideon.

The first half of the book was perfectly paced and the story was excellent, as Sofia and Gideon form a reluctant partnership to try to take down LaRoux and put an end to his nefarious plans. The second half brings together all the previous characters from the first two books and proceeds to wrap up all the loose ends. While it did do that, I thought the plotting wasn't quite as tight as it was in the first half. Nevertheless, I did like the fact that everything was dealt with and I enjoyed seeing all the characters together at the last.

Overall I enjoyed the trilogy, and I would recommend reading it all together, as the stories really do interweave nicely and the final resolution is quite satisfying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Their Fractured Light.

November 25, 2015 – Shelved
November 25, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 25, 2016 – Started Reading
September 25, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-read
September 25, 2016 –
September 26, 2016 –
50.0% "Holy...did not see that one coming."
September 26, 2016 – Finished Reading