Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣'s Reviews > Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton

That was... something. Right, I guess it was ok.

How did vampires become common knowledge? I understand they became legal 2 years prior to the action in the book, but why? How?

description

And who is Anita Blake? I could not connect with her at all. She felt shallow... No, not shallow. I really can't find the word right now... She felt not real, but someone that simply went with the flow, with no actual starting point, or purpose. I would like to say she felt like a character in a book, but I love books, so that would be insulting to them.

And how on Earth (view spoiler)

description

Anyway, something good did come out of all of this as I started re-reading the Night Huntress series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guilty Pleasures.

Quotes Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣ Liked

Laurell K. Hamilton
“I talk to myself everyone once in a while. Give myself very good advice. Sometimes I even take it.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“It is a very natural human trait to destroy that which frightens us.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“Never criticize, unless you can do a better job.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“Rafael, the Rat King, stared at the carnage with black-button eyes. "She is dead."
"Ding dong, the witch is dead,”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“You don't smoke do you?"
"No, why?"
"They're afraid of fire."
"Great, we're going to be eaten alive because neither of us smokes."
I almost laughed. He sounded so thoroughly disgusted…”

November 25, 2015 – Shelved
September 2, 2016 – Shelved as: magic
September 2, 2016 – Shelved as: kick-ass-ladies
September 2, 2016 – Shelved as: mystery-thriller-horror
September 2, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally agree! This book fell so flat for me. I read the first five or six in the series (I need to stop buying e-book bundles!) and every single one follows the exact same formula.

Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣ Yes, I started the second book, but I honestly lost interest, so I gave up.

Sandra I just remember the ratmen. Weird and dull.

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Great review, Alex! :)

Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣ Sandra wrote: "I just remember the ratmen. Weird and dull."

;)

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ wrote: "Great review, Alex! :)"

Thank you, Jessica! :)

message 6: by Ana (new)

Ana Thanks for the review! I've tried twice to read it and now I can just leave it alone. It;s not for me.

Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣ Ana wrote: "Thanks for the review! I've tried twice to read it and now I can just leave it alone. It;s not for me."

You're welcome! :P

Rose Smith If i remember correctly in a later book they talked about how they became common knowledge. It's been a while since I've read the series. I believe its a case of incidents building up until enough people knew that it became common knowledge but there may have been a single incident. I know it was common knowledge before they began being considered people legally. Because they talk about how the vampire slayers were doing the killing for the government before they needed a license to do so, while they were still considered creatures that had no rights.