CC's Reviews > Eternal Kiss of Darkness

Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

liked it
bookshelves: dead-ex-spouse, pnr, safe-but-other-triggers

I have no idea what to say about this book. I usually form an opinion immediately when reading or at least when I finish. I finished this last night and still have no idea what I really think about it so I will just give some technical comments.

It was a well written and well developed story. It was complex and I think readers who have read her previous series will be better prepared to jump into this vampire world but I was not totally lost not having read any prior books.

This is a darker vampire world than I have read in more recent paranormal romance novels. Humans are "property". They can be killed, traded, used, etc. Feeding is a sensual experience whether it be men or women.

There were items in this story that I do not prefer (dead exes) but it did not effect my enjoyment of the story. The Hero pushes her away - A LOT! If she was not so honest and forward, they would have never gotten together. It made me really love the heroine. She was brave and open with the Hero. I admired how accepting she was, her support of her sister, and her sticking up for the Hero many times. But honestly I am not really sure why she loved the Hero. He was not a bad guy - even though he kept saying he was. But he did zero to endear himself to her, constantly talked bad about himself, spent very little time with her (before they were together-together); so I just do not get it.

In general I enjoyed the book, but something about this book just did not draw me in. I believe the issue was that I did not really love the Hero. I liked him and he got much better after the book got about half way through, but I was already detached by then. I am interested in Vlad's story but do not plan to read other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Kiss of Darkness.

November 24, 2015 – Shelved
November 24, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
December 8, 2015 – Started Reading
December 8, 2015 –
0.0% "I am going to keep reading vampire books until I find one I like!"
December 9, 2015 – Shelved as: dead-ex-spouse
December 9, 2015 – Shelved as: pnr
December 9, 2015 – Shelved as: safe-but-other-triggers
December 9, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Paganalexandria I stopped reading Night Huntress, but have always meant to pick it back up. It wasn't because of the writing just swapped out UF/PNR for CR as my main reading. Great review.