An Odd1's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 31, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, x-rate

The saga starts in monster Fae infested Dublin. Realize that if you do finish this first episode, you will probably want to read more, very much darker. I like innocent shining pink Mac, who stumbles accidentally into the bookstore owned by Barron. But am impatient for her to trust him, the admirable strong hero.

As she learns words and pronunciations, so do we. Wierd Gaelic-like spellings are almost not overwhelming. She soon finds amazing powers.
(view spoiler)

I did find humour, that I liked. Light Fae prince Vlane (V'lane) appears only long enough to make his effect as uber undresser and sexual stimulus unnecessarily clear. However, I resent being barely introduced to characters just so the author can sell more books to tell more ... The war is coming.
(view spoiler)

I read this volume late (interlibrary loan), and caught continuity errors. For instance, Mac changes into a white miniskirt after landing, not before leaving her home in Georgia, USA. Sometimes, the plot seems predictable, or too easily explained, so better read the series in order.
(view spoiler)]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.