aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog's Reviews > Decline

Decline by Michelle Irwin

4 DECLINE STARS!!!

One.Hell.Of.A.Book!
Nothing prepared me from what happened in this book. I thought I could put the pieces together since well,I read the introduction novella, but f*ck no! The story keeps going better and better that it took me several pauses just to savour each moment and feel all the roller coaster of emotions it gave me.
So anyway, this story picks up four years after Declan chose his race career over his first love and family. I could say the author gave Declan's charater a realistic appeal. The hunger for fame and that feeling of being alive! The living of his DREAM!!! WOW!!! but despite all that, there's still that lacking part of himself, the one that haunts his every dream. That one particular reason of his "crashes and DNF's".
Entered 'Fate' when he's about to sort his self out. And that's where the every twists and turns of the story starts. It also started the moment when I really wanted to enter into the book and maybe slap some sense to Declan but at the same time hug him so tight because you know, I just felt him. His every emotion triggers something deep within me. And of course, I wanted to high five Alyssa...such a strong heroine.

And to top of it all...arghhhhhhh...that revelation!!! What the hell???? It broke my heart into pieces....

I really wanted to crawl into this author's mind so atleast I can be prepared for what will happen next. The book is just fantastic that it really made me hate my work coz it messes with my reading schedule. Michelle Irwin, you really have done great! I cannot wait for the next book.

*ecopy provided by the author in exchange of an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decline.

November 22, 2015 – Started Reading