Sammy Loves Books's Reviews > Prince Lestat

Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
14227114
Prince Lestat is a love it or hate it read!!
I hated myself for not making this a DNF!!


d


This book droned on and on. It was slow and tedious. Each chapter focused on a different vampire and their personal story. I had to endure these boring tales, one right after the other. Boring tales of a voice talking to them in their minds. This voice was encouraging older vampires to kill off the younger ones.

There were so many vampires and stories, that I wondered of I would ever see Lestat again. He eventually resurfaced near the final 15% of the book. This is also when the book picked up pace and became interesting. Goodness, I had to pray for patience because I was afraid to try and skip ahead. Then ending was a 3.5 star ending. Too bad the other 85% about put me in a coma!!

I can not recommend this book to anyone except for HARD CORE Anne Rice fans and fans of the Vampire chronicles. I ONLY recommend this to those fans because this book re-introduces them to Every Damn Vampire from those previous books.

28 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince Lestat.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

November 21, 2015 – Started Reading
November 22, 2015 – Shelved
December 15, 2015 –
page 13
68.42% "OMG, THIS BOOK IS SO SLOW!!!\n \n d"
December 17, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana O (new)

Ana O Stuart Townsend will always be my favorite Lestat :) I haven't read the book but it looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy it Sammy xx


Sammy Loves Books Ana wrote: "Stuart Townsend will always be my favorite Lestat :) I haven't read the book but it looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy it Sammy xx"

Thanks Ana!! I fear that I am struggling to finish this one. It is dull and slow. I am gonna give it some more time. Wish me luck, Lol


message 3: by T00zday (new)

T00zday I stopped reading this series after Memnoch the Devil. It was as if Anne Rice had decided to give up fiction and become a Theology professor.
Just yuck.
Sounds like it hasn't improved.


Sammy Loves Books T00zday wrote: "I stopped reading this series after Memnoch the Devil. It was as if Anne Rice had decided to give up fiction and become a Theology professor.
Just yuck.
Sounds like it hasn't improved."


Yessss...it just drones on and on. I can't stand it. It's like a slow torture.


SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Enjoy Sammy! xo


Sammy Loves Books SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Enjoy Sammy! xo"

Thanks SueBee!!


message 7: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic Enjoy Sammy!


Sammy Loves Books Loyda wrote: "Enjoy Sammy!"

Thanks Loyda!! I'm trying to hang in there, but is dreadfully slow


Nikki ღ Navareus Dang, that's a bummer to hear. I hope Anne Rice isn't losing some of her mojo these days. :( Hope it picks up for you! xo


Sammy Loves Books It's just slow and boring as hell...well written, but dreadfully slow


message 11: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Strömquist Sammy wrote: "It's just slow and boring as hell...well written, but dreadfully slow"

Which is what I thought of the first of the series! There's 12 of them now?!


message 12: by Ana O (new)

Ana O Boring huh? I thought a book about Lestat would be anything but boring but I guess I was wrong :) Great honest review Sammy xx


message 13: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Too bad hun...but hey, on to the next one ;)


SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sorry it missed the mark Sammy! = S


Sammy Loves Books Thomas wrote: "Sammy wrote: "It's just slow and boring as hell...well written, but dreadfully slow"

Which is what I thought of the first of the series! There's 12 of them now?!"


I see...good to know


Sammy Loves Books Ana wrote: "Boring huh? I thought a book about Lestat would be anything but boring but I guess I was wrong :) Great honest review Sammy xx"

The parts with Lestat were wonderful. Unfortunately, the book opened with Lestat, but then he didn't reappear until the final 15%


Sammy Loves Books Wendy wrote: "Too bad hun...but hey, on to the next one ;)"

Yes Ma'am ;o))


Sammy Loves Books SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sorry it missed the mark Sammy! = S"

Thanks SueBee...crap happens. This had the potential to be an amazing book too.


message 19: by Laci (new)

Laci :)


message 20: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Strömquist Sammy wrote: "Thomas wrote: "Sammy wrote: "It's just slow and boring as hell...well written, but dreadfully slow"

Which is what I thought of the first of the series! There's 12 of them now?!"

I see...good to know"


Guess not, I apologize, I'll just butt out and forbid myself to Goodread after that much egg nog...


Sammy Loves Books Laci wrote: ":)"

xox


message 22: by Laci (new)

Laci xoxoxo -o


Sammy Loves Books Thomas wrote: "Guess not, I apologize, I'll just butt out and forbid myself to Goodread after that much egg nog....."

Hahaha, I take it instead of drunk texting you were drunk goodreading maybe? LOL That's awesome!! I have not read the other books in this series, but believe you completely if they were anything like this one. Thanks for your comments. Feel free to egg nog and chat anytime ;o))


message 24: by Thomas (last edited Dec 21, 2015 10:02AM) (new)

Thomas Strömquist Sammy wrote: "Thomas wrote: "Guess not, I apologize, I'll just butt out and forbid myself to Goodread after that much egg nog....."

Hahaha, I take it instead of drunk texting you were drunk goodreading maybe? L..."


Thanks Sammy, I thought your good to know was ironic (I often have that problem...) and you were telling me off :) Seriously, I'm sorry that Anne Rice doesn't work for me, but she just doesn't...

Thanks for kind words! I'll check back when I have something else 'interesting' to share!


Sammy Loves Books Laci wrote: "xoxoxo -o"

You give the best kisses, Lol
Happy holidays sweetie!!


message 26: by Sophie (new)

Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading** Great review, Sammy! I'm sorry this was a bust.. Wish you luck on your next read, honey! :)


Sammy Loves Books Salvatore wrote: "Great review, Sammy! I'm sorry this was a bust.. Wish you luck on your next read, honey! :)"

Thanks a lot, Sophie!! I have had awesome luck with the MacKenzie Brothers ;ox


message 28: by Rag (new)

Rag Sorry! Hope the next read is better!


Sammy Loves Books Rag wrote: "Sorry! Hope the next read is better!"

I really appreciate that!! Thanks chica ;o))


message 30: by Pam (new)

Pam Oh that sucks, with a title like that you'd hope it would be good! Especially since I really enjoyed that movie, lol! Great review, Sammy!


Sammy Loves Books Pam wrote: "Oh that sucks, with a title like that you'd hope it would be good! Especially since I really enjoyed that movie, lol! Great review, Sammy!"

It would have been more enjoyable if each chapter had not been about a different vampire and had focused more on Lestat.


back to top