♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme's Reviews > Grave New Day

Grave New Day by Lina Gardiner

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, vampire, netgalley-reviews

With John dead, does Jess really want to continue on? After all these years, the one time she finds new meaning, it is ripped away from her. To make it worse, her brother is being questioned and perhaps taken from her. Her brother and John were there to watch her six and keep her fighting for the good side. Now, not only does she have no one to help her, she is fighting an old enemy. With all this change and attacks from different enemies, she is in deep trouble. She could use some divine intervention.

This story pulled me in even deeper and I am totally invested in the outcome. The writing is well done with the ups and downs. The conflicts and possible resolutions can be predicted as Ms. Gardiner sets them up well. It is the execution and how the reader arrives to the conclusion which is fun. Adding another layer to this world with new type of supernatural power piques a reader's interest. The harried feeling Jess experiences as her world spins out of control is vicariously experienced by the reader. This keeps me on edge as I am wondering what new thing will come out of left field to trip Jess up.

Read the rest of my review on my blog - Welcome to the Dungeon.

*provided by NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave New Day.

Started Reading