Angie's Reviews > Jane Austen: A Life Revealed

Jane Austen by Catherine Reef

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, nook

I actually finished this one a couple of weeks ago. I just didn't really know what to say about it.

I am a Jane Austen fan. Every book and every movie.

BUT ...
there was too much rehashing of her books. For Jane Austen fans it was redundant--we've read the books and don't need to hear it all again. Jane told them best. For readers new to Jane Austen ... why give away the storyline in such a fashion? Entire plots were summarized.

The parts about Jane's life were well written. Nothing super new but then again I am already a fan. I do want to give the author that credit.

Wish I had more to say about it. I'm still getting used to reading on a Nook, so maybe that is part of my frustration. Can't stick postit notes between pages where there are lovely lines or parts that don't work. Too impatient to read with a notebook next to me (at least at this point) and set the nook down every time I want to make a note.

I guess it might be useful for maybe some biography research. I'd rather see a new JA reader read an encyclopedia article about Jane's life and then actually READ ONE OF HER BOOKS, though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Austen.

January 30, 2011 – Started Reading