Tiera McMillian's Reviews > Crown of Midnight

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

bookshelves: feb2019
Read 2 times. Last read February 17, 2019 to February 20, 2019.

*Reread Review*
There have been several times I have gone for a reread of a book and lamented the fact that I didn't leave a review.. or a note.. or something to give myself a heads up for the next time I read it! This of course is one of those times! It was like reading it for the first time, things were coming out of left field and I couldn't remember half the book, my heart was breaking, and I was so angry at myself for not leaving a review the first time. Just 5 stars really isn't enough to express my range of emotions during this book! I'm so glad that I will now have a heads up for the next time, because there will definitely be a next time! There were some EPIC reveals in this 2nd book in the series that just took my breath away, and still we have so far to go!

I have to tiptoe around this plot because my fingers are dying to type out all kinds of spoilers for all to see! For most of begging of this book, it seems like routine assignments in the life of the King's assassin. It was almost like the author was luring me in with this false sense of security here. Just one more person for Celeana to find a way to be rid of, only this one she has a past with... Celeana is just out doing her thing, being all awesome, when BAM plots begin unfolding and people start dying and Celeana becomes the most BAD A EVER! I knew that this series was what sent me on a strong heroine kick years ago.. but I couldn't remember the exact point at which i decided that no one needs a damsel in distress when they could have someone like Celeana, but now I get it! Now I remember! As Celeana becomes more involved in her next case she discovers her new target isn't what he seems and this "resistance" the king speaks of is real, hiding out there. Not only that but Celeana must finally start to choose.. the resistance, her heritage, the memories she has buried deep inside her for so long, or the "supposed" safety she has now. She can no longer play the coward. The time to act is at hand.... before forces are unleashed that noone may survive!

I am so excited about continuing this series after this reread! I've been having to physically restrain myself from binging my way through in order to finish rl stuff as well as other reads I've promised to do, but just know.... I'm coming for you book #3!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Midnight.

Finished Reading