orannia's Reviews > Strawberries for Dessert

Strawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton

Jan 30, 2011

bookshelves: m-m

** spoiler alert ** This book was...simply amazing. Can I give more than five stars? I adored the first book in the Coda series when I read it, but each book has got better and better. The characters are three-dimensional and compelling beyond words. I wasn't sure how I felt about Jonathan when the book first started, but he was human and real and...eventually he realized what the right decision (for me) was. Cole...I liked Cole the first time I met him. I sensed there was always more to him than met the eye, and even though this book wasn't written from his POV, we got such a clear glimpse of him from his emails to Jared. He all but broke my heart numerous times. And Cole & Jonathon's relationship develops slowly, but realistically.

This book made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me tense and hopeful. Bottom line, emotion pours from every page. But, more than that, this book made me believe that...love will find you and accept you for exactly who you are. It won't pick and chose what it likes, but will wholeheartedly embrace all of you. Please, please, please Marie Sexton, keep writing more in this series, with these characters...anything. And that last sentence.....OMG!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strawberries for Dessert.

January 30, 2011 – Started Reading
January 30, 2011 – Shelved
January 30, 2011 – Shelved as: m-m
January 30, 2011 –
4.0% "'I have tickets to a show. I was wondering if you wanted them.'\n 'What show is it?'\n 'West Side Story.'\n 'No, thanks, Jon-...I already know how it ends. The Capulets and the Romulans-'\n 'The Capulets are Romeo and Juliet-'\n 'Same story, different music.'\n '-and I assure you there are absolutely no Romulans in either story.'\n 'More's the pity, too. That probably would have livened things up a bit.'\n \n *giggle*"
January 30, 2011 –
47.0% "How does Marie Sexton keep writing characters I love? Cole is just... *hug*"
January 31, 2011 –
81.0% "I'm terrified of finishing this book...I don't want it to end!"
January 31, 2011 –
81.0% "I'm terrified of finishing this book...I don't want it to end, even though I'm on a complete emotional rollercoaster while reading it. And the revelation in the grocery store? *ducks head in bucket of cold water*"
February 1, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Janna It was brilliant, wasn't it?! I loved this book too. Cole and Jonathan are such a great and memorable couple. I still think of them sometimes. :)

orannia Absolutely brilliant. I completely fell in love with Jared & Matt when I read Promises, but Cole & Jonathan are...neck and neck with them as my favourite couple. (Not that I dislike Angelo & Zach of course :)

And yes, I'm still thinking about them. I think that's the hallmark of a good book/good couple - they linger :)

So hanging out for the short story with Matt & Jared. I just wish it were longer!

Janna Short story with Matt & Jared? Which one is that? I can't remember Matt & Jared as good as Cole & Jonathan although I've read their book after Strawberries for Dessert... Yup, I read them out of order. *g*

orannia There is a smiddgen of a short between Matt & Jared on Marie Sexton's website. It's called The Promise. And there is a short story being released on 14 February called Putting Out Fires (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...). There is also another short coming, but I can't remember when. April perhaps? It's on Marie Sexton's website.

Mariana She also has 2 free shorts on her website with Jared and Matt. Very nice reads while we're waiting for the 14th :)

orannia 12 days! Can I wait that long for my catnip?

Mariana LOL... I know, I just keep looking at the calendar :)

Marisa I'm with you on this one. I've enjoyed this series so much and can't wait for the next book.