Nada's Reviews > The Devil in Winter

The Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

4620670

bookshelves: historical-romance

The Devil in Winter is the third book of the Wallflower series by Lisa Kleypas. The book started off with a continuation of an event that happened in the second book; It Happened One Autumn.

Let me just say that I've had my suspicious of St. Vincent from the very beginning he was introduced in IHOA. He has the reputation of ruining the good names of women who happen to fall into his lustful and sexy traps. And what a perfect woman for St. Vincent to challenge his womanizing nature than to use Evangeline Jenner as a subject. Evie, is the shy, quiet, and insecure one among the wallflowers. I wondered how on earth would she be able to find a husband without a boost of self-confidence, and Evie certainly surprised me with how she has bloomed from a shy flower bud into a beautiful glowing and confident flower.

I love this book to death. I would read it before bed and there were multiple times when I would fall asleep reading and end up hugging the book tight so that it wouldn't fall off my bed. It has become my favorite from the series so far, right above Secrets of a Summer Night.

This book was exciting, heart warming, comical and humorous, and is purely beautiful. Both characters were perfect, and watching them grow and change is always so enchanting. This book isn't the regular historical romance where a woman and man despise each other and then later on fall it love. I think this is something different. It has a bit of mystery and action on to it, but it doesn't over flow the emotional-romance side of it. It all fits perfectly into a 300 page book of perfection.

Highly recommended to those who enjoy a fascinating story of how a womanizer tries to seduce an insecure wallflower who wants nothing but freedom from him. It is also a much better read for the winter time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil in Winter.

January 30, 2011 – Shelved
November 26, 2013 – Started Reading
November 26, 2013 –
page 13
3.96% "I was wondering how this book would begin. Book two ended with such a cliff hanger when it came to Sebastian. A woman making a proposal. The women always seem feisty in these kind of books. I'm curious to see how Evie's story goes. I am really enjoying it so far. I miss these kind of books."
November 29, 2013 –
page 15
4.57% "I read 2 pages and I fell asleep for I don't know how long. I want to read so badly but I keep on falling asleep! Zzzzzzz I'm dying to know more about Evie's and Sebastian relationship and how it's going to turn out! Curse you body clock -.-"
December 1, 2013 –
page 60
18.29% "I love these books! I like how it continues on right after the second book ended even if it focuses on a different protagonist. Almost dropped this book on the floor a couple of times because I kept on falling asleep. I get urges to hug this book to sleep like how i hug a Teddy's to sleep."
December 3, 2013 –
page 178
54.27% "It felt like I read so much today but it's just a couple if chapters ._. This is definitely my favorite of the series so far! I love this book so much that I can't put it down but the only thing persisting that I put it down is my tolerance towards my sleep. I squeel, I gasp, I sigh, and I snicker with this well written book!"
December 4, 2013 –
page 252
76.83% "St. Vincent!! No! He won't! It wouldn't make any sense if he did! (Tries not to spoil it all) You gotta love Lilian Westcliff The devil in winter indeed! He's a devil who doesn't want to show his deep loveydovy feeling to people! Definitely liking Cam Rohan. Digging his last name too. Rohan. I can definitely tell he's going to be in book 4 with Daisy! I can feel it in my bones! If not then it's unacceptable!"
December 5, 2013 –
page 289
88.11% "Will hopefully finish this before I go to bed tonight. But I don't want to finish it :("
December 5, 2013 – Finished Reading