Liza's Reviews > Should've Said No

Should've Said No by Tracy March

***4.5 out of 5 stars***

I was super excited to see Tracy March had a new book out and even happier to see it was the first book in a series.

I loved Lindsey Simms from the moment she appeared on the page. She was such a strong character; especially driving across country to start a new job in an area she had never even visited before. I liked that she wanted to get her career started back up by setting up the Thistle Bend Heritage Museum and her long-term plans were to return to D.C. I didn't love she was keeping her family connections to the Karlssons a secret, but totally understood based on the dynamics between the Karlssons and the Crenshaws.

Carden Crenshaw is one of the most eligible bachelors in Thistle Bend and I loved how Lindsey and Carden met for the first time. Nothing like the head of the Crenshaw family trust being mistaken for a handyman. Carden had been burned in the past in a relationship and he was super hesitant to open himself up to anyone. I loved that Lindsey totally worked her way into his life and his heart so quickly.

I really loved Lindsey and Carden as a couple. They had amazing chemistry and it was so obvious from the moment they first met. I loved how quickly they connected and how many shared interest they had. I knew the fact they were basically each on the other side of Thistle Bend's version of the Hatfields and the McCoy's, yet I still wanted them to find a way to learn the truth of what really happened between their families and make it work as a couple. I absolutely loved the resolution to the truth about the fight between the families. It totally gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling and was so steeped in romance. Carden and Lindsey had both sweet and sexy moments together and I loved watching them work through their issues to make their relationship work.

I also loved both the town of Thistle Bend and all the different secondary characters in Should've Said No. I love when a small town becomes a character in itself with a book, and also love when the secondary characters grab me and I want to know more about them and see them in future books. I have to say the Montgomery sisters were 2 of my favorite characters in the book and I hope we see them again in future books.

I absolutely adored Should've Said No. I'm a big fan of books in a series and I thought the Thistle Bend series got off to a great start with Should've Said No.

Review copy provided by publisher

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Should've Said No.

November 18, 2015 – Started Reading