Ashley's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 8: Made to Suffer

The Walking Dead, Vol. 8 by Robert Kirkman

bookshelves: bloody-and-gross, graphic-novels-and-comics, horror

** spoiler alert ** Well, that was horrifying. But as I did prepare myself emotionally, I wasn't as horrified as I could have been. I had presumed that everyone was going to die, but everyone didn't die. Only most people died.

So who's kicked the bucket? Well, Axel got shot in the head, Tyreese was decapitated by the Governor, I'm pretty sure Patricia got eaten by a zombie but I can't remember for sure, Alice the nurse got it from the Governor for being a dirty traitor, Billy got shot in the head and Hershel subsequently gave up on life and asked the Governor to shoot him (the Governor obliged), and oh yes, Lori and baby Judy went blammo. Yeah, Kirkman killed a baby. What a dick that guy is. At least the Governor paid for his sins. After his people (belatedly) realized how horrible of a person he was, they allowed him to be eaten by zombies.

So the prison is gone now, and it's useless anyway as the Governor ran over the triple fences with his tank. I'm pretty sure Andrea, Dale, the twins, Sophia, Glen, and Maggie are still alive. Michonne might be as well (the last time we saw her she was running off into the woods after having attacked the Governor's camp). And Rick and Carl, devastated by the loss of Lori and Judy, have run off into the wilderness with nothing but a small backpack. It is pretty much 100% suckage.

This is as good a place as any to halt my progress in this series for now. I'll come back to the remaining eight volumes later this year. My brain needs a break from all the filth and despair.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 8.

January 29, 2011 – Shelved