Rane's Reviews > The Nobleman and the Spy

The Nobleman and the Spy by Bonnie Dee

1987431

bookshelves: victorian-era, yaoi-m-m-romance, keeper

I first read the author duo of Dee and Devon with their amazing book A Gentleman and a Rouge. Much like their other work, I was captive by The Nobleman and the Spy, with it’s flowing style and characters that are attractive inside and out.

Like many of the romances, I enjoy the “romance”. Books with just sex are alright and all, but for me as a reader, I enjoy watching engaging characters fall in love with one another.
More so with the Nobleman - Karl von Binder heir to a great Count, and tried of being played as a pawn in his father’s gain to power. Now with someone out to want him dead, he puts his trust in an attractive Spy Jonathan Resse whom he doesn’t know if he can trust him not to shoot him when his back is turn or pull him in for another kiss.
Resse job is to make sure Karl stay in England is a smooth one, one where Karl doesn’t end up dead, but the attractive nobleman knows Resse from once long ago bloodbath battle, and both men never forgot the other, and the attractive and each other maybe the only thing that can count on when their both faced in a game of death.

Added to the great steam attractive between Resse and Karl, the story revolves around who wants Karl dead. Karl and Resse both once soldiers on the battlefield, met once and when they meet again, sparks fly again. Both are as different as day and night but have sides they share. Karl is fun loving, whom loves life and is tried of the darkness. On the other side Resse is quiet, reserved man, who has a hard time dealing with living out of the shadows. Being around Karl is like being around a bright light, you have a great balance between the two, as the relationship between the two grows slowly as the mystery builds.

Resse and Karl are always center stage with the story revolving around them and not the other way. The steam factor was delicious between the two, but the focus was the relationship not the sexual relationship. The change between the two was wonderful to develop and just enjoyed the story and every element and aspect that I ate up this book and quickly looked into the authors backlist.

Dee and Devon are an great team and each book they write is like a delightful and enjoyable and not to mention yummy surprise!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nobleman and the Spy.

January 29, 2011 – Shelved
February 7, 2011 – Started Reading
February 7, 2011 – Shelved as: victorian-era
February 7, 2011 – Shelved as: yaoi-m-m-romance
February 7, 2011 –
February 7, 2011 – Finished Reading
February 21, 2011 – Shelved as: keeper

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

Bark (Has Atrocious Taste) I'm reading this soon, can't wait to see your thoughts!

Rane BarkLessWagMore wrote: "I'm reading this soon, can't wait to see your thoughts!"

It's awesome- I haven't been able to put it down all day :]

Bark (Has Atrocious Taste) Yay, I'll have to move it up in the queue!

Rane BarkLessWagMore wrote: "Yay, I'll have to move it up in the queue!"

I'll have my review up in a few days, but it was very good- two great leads and a great story plot that didn't just revolve around sex

Dina Can't wait for your review, Rane. I already have this book on my Wish List and knowing that you loved it only makes me more anxious to read it. Bonnie Dee is on a fast track to becoming one of my favorite authors.

Rane Dina wrote: "Can't wait for your review, Rane. I already have this book on my Wish List and knowing that you loved it only makes me more anxious to read it. Bonnie Dee is on a fast track to bec..."

I've very picky about my M/M books and Dee/Devon have it down pat on what makes an awesome "romance" plus a hint of mystery = Total Win!

message 7: by Elaine (new)

Elaine I think I am going to have to add this to my books as well! I like a nice plot that doesn't just "revolve around sex". What is M/M murder mystery?

Dina M/M = male/male

Dina Wow, 5 stars! I'll be definitely reading this book!

message 10: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Dina wrote: "Wow, 5 stars! I'll be definitely reading this book!"

:D I adore these two authors and Dee is already an auto-buy author for me already

message 11: by seton (new)

seton great review, rane! i really dont understand why BD writes so many collaborations when the bks she writes by herself as perfectly nice. Does she have the Jennifer Crusie disease?

message 12: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane seton wrote: "great review, rane! i really dont understand why BD writes so many collaborations when the bks she writes by herself as perfectly nice. Does she have the Jennifer Crusie disease?"

*LOL* *shrugs* Don't know, but I just eat up any of her works she writes/collaboration with

Bark (Has Atrocious Taste) Great review Rane. I still haven't read this one yet but it's in the queue!

Fani *loves angst* Love your review Rane! And since I loved 2 out of 2 books I read by her, this one will join my TBR soon, I'm sure:)

message 15: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane BarkLessWagMore wrote: "Great review Rane. I still haven't read this one yet but it's in the queue!"

Thank you BLMW! After reading the duo's TGATR and quickly picked this one up- love this author duo!

message 16: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Fani wrote: "Love your review Rane! And since I loved 2 out of 2 books I read by her, this one will join my TBR soon, I'm sure:)"

Thank you Fani! BD has become a auto-buy author for many readers of late, I just eat up her books like air!

message 17: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell Awesome review Rane!!!

message 18: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Ronyell wrote: "Awesome review Rane!!!"

Thank you Ronyell!

message 19: by Quinn (new)

Quinn Great review, Rane. I've never tried anything by Bonnie Dee. Would this be a good one to start with? PS - What does "yaoi" mean/stand for?

message 20: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Quinn wrote: "Great review, Rane. I've never tried anything by Bonnie Dee. Would this be a good one to start with? PS - What does "yaoi" mean/stand for?"

Thank you Quinn! This and A Hearing Heart would be two great books to start off with Dee's work IMHO!

Yaoi is a Japanese term about comics/film etc romances between two men ^^

message 21: by Shawna (last edited Feb 26, 2011 10:26AM) (new) - added it

Shawna Great review, Rane! I have several Bonnie Dee books in my TBR.

message 22: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Shawna wrote: "Great review, Rane! I have several Bonnie Dee books in my TBR."

Thank you Shawna! I think Dee has become a quick auto-buy author for alot of readers- myself included!

Fani *loves angst* I second A Hearing Heart. I adored that one!

message 24: by Quinn (new)

Quinn Rane wrote: "Quinn wrote: "Great review, Rane. I've never tried anything by Bonnie Dee. Would this be a good one to start with? PS - What does "yaoi" mean/stand for?"

Thank you Quinn! This and A Hearing Hear..."

Thanks, Rane!

message 25: by Quinn (new)

Quinn Fani wrote: "I second A Hearing Heart. I adored that one!"

OK, A Hearing Heart it is!

Fani *loves angst* I hope you enjoy it Quinn!

message 27: by Quinn (new)

Quinn Thanks, Fani, but unfortunately it will be a while until I find out. I looked into A Hearing Heart and this one, and it appears they are both only available in eBook/Kindle format. I don't have an e-Reader, and have no immediate plans to get one. :(

Fani *loves angst* Oh, so sorry to hear it Quinn:(

KindleRomance Reviews Great review Rane!