Heidi's Reviews > Welcome to Mars: Making a Home on the Red Planet

Welcome to Mars by Buzz Aldrin

bookshelves: books-i-own, great-teaching-books, middle-grade-nonfiction, ya-nonfiction

While I am not interested in going to Mars myself, the ideas is certainly an intriguing one. This book by former astronaut Buzz Aldrin addresses what it is likely to take to get there and survive there on a long term basis. Aldrin points out about where science is now in terms of getting there (rockets, supplies, etc). and then shares what it will probably take to allow people to live there. I found that fascinating and very intimidating. Those who go will have to depend on people from earth to keep them supplied with certain things, but will be on their own if certain things go wrong. The activities included in the book add a fun touch to the content in terms of helping young readers understand some of the challenging concepts that are presented. I also found the comparisons to the conditions on earth to be completely fascinating. This is a great book for young readers who dream of going to Mars or helping the process.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to Mars.

November 15, 2015 – Started Reading