Kai's Reviews > P.S. I Still Love You

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

liked it
bookshelves: 2016, finished-series

"One day soon you'll be in the world and you'll have so many options, you won't know what to do with them. Everyone will fall in love with you, because you're so beautiful and so charming, and you'll look back on high school as such a tiny blip."

3.5/5 stars

This novel was really cute and quirky, just like book one. Slightly better even.

Now, it's official that I'm not a fan of love triangles, but I have to admit that it hardly bothered me here. I mean, there are so many boys in Lara Jean's life that and they're all handsome and hot, she should just pick one for real. As long as it's not her sister's ex, that is. (view spoiler)

Now I still have my issues with this series.
First, I still can't get over the fact how LJ always says "Daddy".
Second, Kitty still makes for a completely unrealistic 9-year-old.
Third, it's predictable.
Fourth, it's cute but it really doesn't mean anything to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the books, but they just lack something. It's a YA contemporary love story, but that doesn't mean it needs to be so plain. I love a fair share of humour and sarcasm, of unpredictability and excitement. Maybe even an air of mystery. There was a point in this book where I thought that this was actually going somewhere. That's when LJ and her group of friends started their "game" and it suddenly got interesting. But even that came to an end.

Thumbs up for talking sexism and feminism. I always appreciate it.

Find more of my books on Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read P.S. I Still Love You.

November 15, 2015 – Shelved
November 15, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 10, 2016 – Started Reading
April 10, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016
April 11, 2016 – Finished Reading
April 22, 2017 – Shelved as: finished-series

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Joey (new)

Joey Reyes Hey, Kai! I just finished the first book and I was wondering if the sequels were truly necessary or if I could just leave it at the first. I have no strong urging to continue the series, but I am curious!

message 2: by Kai (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kai Joey wrote: "Hey, Kai! I just finished the first book and I was wondering if the sequels were truly necessary or if I could just leave it at the first. I have no strong urging to continue the series, but I am c..."

I don't think you do, no. They are nice but in my opinion they do not really add anything to the first one.

message 3: by KatForsyth (new)

KatForsyth I was going to ask the same thing! I thought the first one was cute but I don't have a burning desire to continue, but like Joey I am a bit curious to see what happens.

message 4: by Kai (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kai KatForsyth wrote: "I was going to ask the same thing! I thought the first one was cute but I don't have a burning desire to continue, but like Joey I am a bit curious to see what happens."

Claire I was going to review this book, cause I read it yesterday, then I saw your review and I realized that I actually think the same things!😁

Lawrence Carlo Honestly speaking, I thought that this book will be about John Ambrose McClaren since I don't really like Peter K for Lara Jean.

message 7: by Kai (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kai Claire wrote: "I was going to review this book, cause I read it yesterday, then I saw your review and I realized that I actually think the same things!😁"

Write one anyway!

message 8: by Kai (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kai Lawrence Carlo wrote: "Honestly speaking, I thought that this book will be about John Ambrose McClaren since I don't really like Peter K for Lara Jean."

I loved film Peter but was not a fan of book Peter, so I agree.

message 9: by KatForsyth (new)

KatForsyth Kai wrote: I think if that is the case just wait for the second film to be released (and let's pray that they make it in the first place)

You're right! The movie will totally suffice.