Brandi's Reviews > As Shadows Fade

As Shadows Fade by Colleen Gleason

Jan 28, 2011

bookshelves: romance

I really enjoyed this book, though the ending I felt was not well written. It seemed a bit like it was rushed, and a lot of things were left unsaid. The epilogue I felt was rather clunky, and didn’t really seem to serve much purpose (view spoiler) .

This seemed to be the end of this particular series, although it did leave itself open for a companion series of sorts. I am a bit sad that Sebastian, my favorite character, constantly seems to draw the short straw.

I like Sebastian Vioget so much more and yet everyone seems to be obsessed with Max Pesaro. Lilith prefers Max, even though she had her relationship with Beauregard (Sebastian’s ‘Grandfather’) and so does Victoria, even though Max was a complete bastard to her for most of the series.

Sebastian’s transformation from a neutral party, into a fierce Venator (vampire slayer) (view spoiler) is one of the best character evolutions I’ve seen lately, and I really enjoy his presence on the page. Luckily for me, if there is to be a companion series, Sebastian will likely be the star player.

Back to the basic plot of the book (view spoiler)

All in all a good fast read, though perhaps not as good as earlier books in the series, and I would likely read it again in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Shadows Fade.

January 27, 2011 – Started Reading