Amy Y.'s Reviews > Push

Push by Sapphire

Jan 28, 2011

bookshelves: 2010-2011-advisory
Read in January, 2010

The book Push is about this sixteen year old girl named Precious Jones who gets pregnant with her second child by her father. Her life was full of hate and struggle. Precious must constantly deal with the beatings by her own mother. Determined, Precious Jones wants to improve on her education, so she can get a well-paying job and take better care of her son. Aftering being kicked out of public school, Precious now attends to a "special" program where teens like her faced many hard obstacles and challenges. They want to fit in into society including Precious.

This book was the most inspirational book that I have ever read! It gave me a different view point of life. I never knew how people who go through all of this trouble finally succeed in life. This novel made me cry because of the way Precious explains her difficult life. The novel itself was a little to "sexual". I recommend this novel to young adults who are mature enough to read this novel because it has some words that many people can not take. If I would've rate this novel, I would given it a 10 out of 10 because of its structure in writing, inspiration, characters and plot!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Push.

08/21/2016 marked as: read