Melody's Reviews > Hunger

F 50x66
Jan 27, 2011

bookshelves: favorite-books-of-all-time
Read in January, 2011

This took me about three weeks to read. Which is an odd amount of time to me for a book this size. I've finished books that are 300 pages longer in a week. When I was eight.
However the premise gripped me. There were interesting answers to problems introduced in the first book. But there were boring spots which made me not want to schedule time to read the book.
I did like the ending and intense scenes of action. I also liked learning more about various characters and their stories.
Plus the ending was great! I loved the Lana story line throughout the whole story. She has officially become my favorite character.
I did also enjoy seeing how the characters dealt with the problem of the FAYZ and issues in the first book.
I did enjoy the darker tones that took place through out the book. The human vs freaks storyline was very compelling and I loved the progression of it, even if it struck me as a tad disturbing.
I really did want to give this book five stars. But the fact that it took me three weeks says something. Also, like with Gone some of the action scenes were confusing but made more sense if read outloud or re-read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunger.