Mignon Mykel's Reviews > Second Chance Christmas

Second Chance Christmas by Ellen Butler

19898638

Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.

For a second chance holiday novella, I thought Ellen Butler did a pretty good job. When working with second chance stories, there's already knowledge in the other person, so as a reader, you don't need to worry about the characters getting to know one another. To make this one's timeline even more believable, Emma and Colt have only been broken up for a few years -- a few years in which they were both adults -- so I can't use my "they were teenagers and are now adults" argument. They ended their relationship as adults and come back together as adults.

So taking away my typical arguments in this type of story, I thought it was well written and well executed. Emma and Colt were engaged, and after a pretty epic fight, Colt walked out to cool off, and Emma simply walked out, leaving her ring behind. The very first point in which I knew without a doubt that Colt never fell out of love with Emma, that everything had to have been a misunderstanding, was that he knew the number of days since he'd last seen Emma. And while forgetting to take her off his emergency contact list may have been a slight oversight due to his schedule... I think subconsciously it was left for a reason.

It may have taken 884+ days to do it, but these two simply needed to learn how to talk through an argument, to be on the same page or at least understand the other; I think these two won't be making those mistakes again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance Christmas.

Finished Reading