Clumsy Storyteller 's Reviews > Too Big to Know: Rethinking Knowledge Now That the Facts Aren't the Facts, Experts Are Everywhere, and the Smartest Person in the Room Is the Room

Too Big to Know by David Weinberger

bookshelves: science-for-nerds

“The Internet’s abundant capacity has removed the old artificial constraints on publishing including getting our content checked and verified. The new strategy of publishing everything we find out thus results in an immense cloud of data, free of theory, published before verified, and available to anyone with an Internet connection. And this is changing the role that facts have played as the foundation of knowledge.” i strongly agree, I wish the Internet had more educational and cultural filters, but unfortunately most of them work for commercial and economic purposes.

It's a very interesting point of view about how the standard system of knowledge has changed since the Internet arrival. The main conclusion is evident: Today’s abundance of data and online information makes it difficult to know what is true and what is false “information overload » . Even though I think the Internet brings us a big opportunity to learn.

“Our task is to learn how to build smart rooms—that is, how to build networks that make us smarter.”

and yes it's true that Internet and social media has drastically changed the way people all over the world interact and communicate "Meron Gribetz talked and gave examples about how communication is affecting our lives i'll put the link down below" but There is not a right or wrong way to communicate and/or adapt social language into our lives. However, we are all becoming engulfed in this new world of communication due to technology.

A glimpse of the future through an augmented reality headset

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Big to Know.

November 10, 2015 – Shelved
November 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
November 10, 2015 – Shelved as: science-for-nerds
May 22, 2016 – Started Reading
July 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Great review, Khadidja! ;)

message 2: by Elfina (new)

Elfina Renee Awesome review!

message 3: by Alp (new)

Alp Fab review, dear! xx

message 4: by Karla (new)

Karla Terrific review, Khadidja :)

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Hmm - I should read this - I agree it is really difficult for us to communicate and interact cause we can't listen to the tone of an e-mail. so I'm curious to know how we can overcome that. Beautiful review hun.

Clumsy Storyteller Thank you guys ! :D

message 7: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Khadidja! :)

message 8: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,honey,xx

Clumsy Storyteller Thank you ! :D

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Excellent review Khadidja! ))

message 11: by P (new)

P Great review, Khadidja !!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Terrific review, Khadidja! :)

Clumsy Storyteller Thank you <3 !