Debbie 's Reviews > Hidden Heat

Hidden Heat by Carla Swafford

Hidden Heat is a fantastic read. This might be one of the few times that I’ve loved the heroine more than the hero. Cassidy Ryder is a girl who definitely has her stuff together. I loved that Cassidy wasn't a whiney girl—that she’s a mature-thinking woman even though she’s only twenty-one. And this came from Cassidy's hard life of being raised around a Motorcycle Club. Daughter of an ex MC President and her mother who was murdered when she was a young girl, has made Cassidy tough. She had to grow up fast, especially when she had a young brother to take care of. With that thought in mind about Cassidy, that's why I loved Cassidy and Thorn's ending to their story. It's just the way I would imagine Cassidy would be when Thorn returns.

Cassidy handled her relationship with Thorn—who’s an undercover cop—with the right frame of mind. Cassidy knew that when she was falling in love with Thorn, there was no guarantee that she and Thorn would have a future together. Cassidy also knew Thorn would go on to the next undercover job, so she accepted what she was getting into when she fell in love with Thorn. I know I'm talking about the ending first in my review, but I just thought it was an awesome, happily ever after ending with Cassidy and Thorn, because of Cassidy's maturity in the way she handled things. Great communication between Cassidy and Thorn.

Thorn Savalas is a cop working undercover to bring down the top leaders in the Brothers of Mayhem MC. But just when he's close to getting the information he needs to finish the job, Cassidy Ryder walks into the Brother of Mayhem’s bar with a baseball bat looking for her younger brother, Storm, who's been hanging with the MC. And the only way for Thorn to protect the headstrong, sassy mouthed Cassidy from getting killed is to claim her as his old lady. Cassidy and Thorn’s hot, steamy hook-up will become their most dangerous adventure to their forever love story.

Hidden Heat is a keep you on the edge suspense with a sizzling hot romance. It also has a tiny little twist at the end that will melt your heart. I recommend Cassidy and Thorn's story as a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Heat.

November 10, 2015 – Shelved