Daphne's Reviews > The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers

OH.MY.GOOOOD. I have not had this much fun with a book since Ready Player One and this is 100 times better.
It's one of those books you know is going to be 5 stars before you even finish it. One of those books that you can't stop reading yet you don't want it to end. Now I want everybody to read it and I will envy you forever for getting to read it for the first time.
Can I give it 10 stars? Can I marry it? Can Becky Chambers write 10 sequels with the adventures of the Wayfarer and its crew?

This book. THIS BOOK. It's so refreshing, so nuanced, so DIVERSE. The species Chambers has imagined and the way she deals with them, the history and politics she has designed for her universe, it's so amazing. The plot points! You keep thinking "I know where this is going, oh man" but then you are surprised in the best way possible and SHE KEEPS THIS UP UNTIL THE END. It reads like the good old episodes of Russell T. Davies' Doctor Who, amplified to mega levels of awesomeness. I mean, what can I say? Friendships, real friendships, between men and women that don't get weird, interspecies relationships that are handled beautifully, respect between species and genders without question and analysis. And all that surrounded by a solid plot that does not disappoint in the slightest. I'm gushing, I'll stop now, GO READ IT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet.

November 10, 2015 – Shelved
November 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
November 23, 2015 – Started Reading
December 3, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Elsa Lacruz I just saw this book for 0.99 and your review made me buy it! :D

Daphne Elsa wrote: "I just saw this book for 0.99 and your review made me buy it! :D"

Yaaay, I hope you enjoy it, I've been recommending it to everyone and so far they have not been disappointed :)