Hollie's Reviews > The Black Prism

The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

Jan 26, 2011

Ahhhhhhh Brent, how do I love thee, let me count the ways... Ok joking :), but seriously, this guy was hovering near the top of my favorite author list after the night angel trilogy, a cornucopia of awesomeness, which my fellow fantasy reading brother and I really enjoyed. Plus by brother and I got to meet him and chat with Kristi at last years ComicCon, and they are both great people. After the black prism, I think he's earned a permanent spot on my list. I gotta admit though, Kip really annoyed me at first, I didn't feel his character was consistent, and I was horrified to think that I might not like Weeks' subsequent work. But those feelings faded quickly, and I'm really looking forward to the next book. My brother told me he actually didn't like this story as much (not that he didn't still like it, but he has a thing about assassins, they're hard to beat is his book), mostly due to the outofleftfield type plot twist. He likes to see stuff coming. I didn't mind, thought it was great, and liked this book as much or more than the night angel books. Very unique world and magic system, and Weeks continues to interject just the right amount of humor in his writing to keep it fun.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Prism.