Melanie's Reviews > Lady of Intrigue

Lady of Intrigue by Sabrina Darby

I love when we get a good historical and this is one of those! Sabrina Darby did a very good job with this one making it interesting and incorporating just the right amount of romance. This story made me feel like I was lost in another time and I loved that about it!

Lady Jane is on her way to meet her father when their carriage is in an accident. When Jane comes to from the accident, she finds out that one of her companions on the trip is dead. Questions of if the accident was actually an accident or intended begin to cross Jane's mind. She remembers seeing something. Gerard is a man that has been raised to do these types of "jobs" and had never thought twice about it. It is just a way of life for him and his family. When Gerard is surprised by Lady Jane being in the carriage, he knows that he has to take her as his hostage because Jane might tell that it was no accident that her companion ended up dead. What Gerard was not prepared for was the way that he is attracted to Lady Jane and the feelings that he begins to develop for her.

Lady Jane and Gerard are from two very different backgrounds. Lady Jane is not willing to give up her status and all that she has in order to be with Gerard, but will Gerard conform to her ways in order for them to be together? These two go back and forth, but one thing that is for sure is that they love each other. Will they be able to find a way to make it all work out? You need to get lost in this historical and find out how it all ends for Lady Jane and Gerard. Very well written and flows flawlessly.

Thanks Sabrina for a great read and I look forward to more from you in the near future in this series!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady of Intrigue.

Started Reading