Julie's Reviews > I Do

I Do by A.J. Pine

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, e-book, netgalley

I Do by A.J. Pine is a 2015 Entangled: Embrace publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

These days if I run for the hills if someone mentions 'New Adult', and I admit I didn't realize this book fell into that category when I requested it from Netgalley.

However, this one turned out to be a pretty enjoyable read filled with unexpected humor and some very nice romantic gestures between established couples going through some of life's ups and downs as best they can.

As friends of Duncan and Elaina prepare for their wedding in Greece, trouble begins to brew when the groom goes missing making his fiance fear the worse. But, Noah and Griffin go in search of the groom, believing he didn't have a change of heart, but could be in some sort of trouble. In the meantime, the other couples are going through some life changes of their own and will have to learn to work together to keep their relationships balanced and healthy.

The trademark for New Adult is the various first person perspectives and this story was no exception, which means each character got a voice, which is great, but, because there were so many characters, it could be a little much at times, since this book is not all that long. It was like everyone was talking at once sometimes.

But, overall, what won me over was the humor, the very real problems the characters faced, and how the characters learned to approach their issues with maturity. Elaina is a little bit of a tough nut to crack, but I thought she and Duncan did great, plus I loved his Scottish brogue.
There are sweet and sentimental moments, some character growth, and sexy times too, with a little something for everyone. I think some contemporary romance lovers will enjoy this one too, since it's so charming and fun and the angst isn't over the top and the plot is refreshingly mature for New Adult.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Do.

November 7, 2015 – Started Reading