Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)'s Reviews > Killer Curves

Killer Curves by Naima Simone

I enjoy reading Ms. Simone's books because she blends intense sexual chemistry with mystery and suspense in a way that works every time and KILLER CURVES is no different. With entertaining dialogue, a suspenseful story-line about vengeance, courage and unexpected love, this was a very enjoyable read.

Growing up, Sloane Barrett felt like an ugly duckling in a family of swans and her mother took delight in pointing out every inadequacy. She chose to make her own way without the benefit of her trust fund and enjoys her job as a teacher and the independence it affords her, so it's no surprise that she's not willing to ask for help when she gets disturbing phone calls and emails. Until an intruder attacks her in her home and she needs the services of a security firm to figure out who's behind everything.

Ciaran Ross is a partner in GDG Security Solutions but before that, he was a DEA agent who left the agency under tragic circumstances. Ciaran has vowed not to fall for a client again after his one attempt at mixing business with pleasure ended fatally, so his attraction to Sloane will have to go ignored while he works on keeping her safe. The only issue with that is the only way he can control his feelings for Sloane is to stay away from her, which is counterproductive to the goal of keeping her safe.

I enjoyed Sloane and Ciaran so much, especially the verbal volleys between them. Their first meeting set the tone for the explosive passion between them and the build up every time they were together after that first meeting was great. Sloane very fierce in guarding her emotions and her independence and her habit of reciting trivia was cute. From the first page, I loved Ciaran, even with all his hang-ups and rough edges, and I loved how protective of Sloane he was. He's the guy who'll fight his feelings as hard as he can but is totally in when he finally accepts them and I love watching those kind of guys go down... hard!

The suspense was amazing and I did not see the end coming, even with my sleuthing skills. I enjoyed catching up on the characters from the previous book and I'm looking forward to more books in the series.

Disclaimer: I received this book for free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Want more? Subscribe to my Newsletter on The Sassy Bookster.
Follow me on Twitter | Tumblr | Bloglovin’.
Like my page on Facebook.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer Curves.

November 7, 2015 – Shelved