Sabrina 's Reviews > Thief of Lies

Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake

bookshelves: favorites, own, hardcover, signed-copies

rom the fast paced story line, to the brilliantly written characters, Thief of Lies is sure to stick in around in everyone's mind for a long time. There were a lot of components that made this book so different from others in it's genre, such as the plot line, design of the world itself, and the characters. Every single aspect of this book mesmerized me, and kept me enticed throughout the whole novel.

A nice component to Thief of Lies was the story. This is the first time stepping into this world and understanding the general premise therefore a lot can happen. Plus there needs to be a lot of information for readers to get lost in the story. It did this, and so much more. I believe Brenda Drake's way of telling me as a reader about what was going on through a character was brilliant. The main female protagonist was new to the Mystic world and so she needed to be taught a lot of the do's and don'ts of being a Sential. I learned a lot about the world and characters, but never once did I feel like it was verbal throw up or confusing.
Overall Drake created a world full of wonders and awe with twists that are sure to shock.

Another thing Brenda Drake excelled at in this book were her characters. Each brought their own element to the story line and made me feel all kinds of emotions towards them all. It was also nice to easily connect with the main characters and see their general points of view. Overall not only did the main characters show tremendous strength and wit, but the secondary characters were just as strong and witty as well.

These are just parts of my review for Thief of Lies, want to see more? Check it out over on Beyond the Book Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thief of Lies.

November 7, 2015 – Shelved
November 7, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 4, 2016 – Started Reading
January 4, 2016 –
page 67
16.75% "Damn. 67 pages in and I just want more of Arik & Gia!! So swoony. Not to mention intriguing and pulling storyline so far. I love it!!"
January 6, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites