Sandy S's Reviews > I Do

I Do by A.J. Pine

4.25 stars-

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 16, 2015

Sometimes you have to trust your heart to find out what home really means.

Duncan McAllister is marrying Elaina Tripoli tomorrow. Except--he's missing. Jordan, Noah, Griffin, Maggie, and Miles arrive in Greece for the festivities to find frantic messages from both the bride and groom. Noah and Griffin set off to find Duncan while Jordan, Maggie, and Miles try to salvage what should be a day of celebration before the wedding.

But the Americans have their own baggage. Noah's got a surprise planned for Jordan that has to go perfectly. Griffin's keeping life-changing news from Maggie. And Miles--well, he wasn't looking for love on this trip until a Greek sous chef named Alex rocks his world.

The race is on for Duncan to make it back to Elaina before she decides not to take him back at all. For Noah to make sure his monumental plan goes off without a hitch. For Griffin to tell Maggie the truth without losing her. For Miles to admit that letting himself fall in love is worth the risk.

Happily Ever After waits at the finish line…if the four couples can make it on time.

•••••••

REVIEW: 4.25 stars----I DO is the third (and final?) installment in A.J. Pine’s contemporary, new adult IF ONLY… erotic, romance series focusing on a group of friends. I DO looks at twenty four hours in the life of seven friends on the eve of Duncan and Elaina’s wedding in Elaina’s home country of Greece. When Scotsman Duncan sends a cryptic message to Elaina apologizing for not getting on the plane, his friends go in search of the wayward groom while the ladies remain behind wondering where everything went wrong. I DO can be read as a stand alone without too much difficulty; any important information is revealed where necessary but I will add that there is quite a bit of backstory and history between the friends that is important to the storyline. I will admit I have not read the first two installments and felt I was missing something-a prior connection to the characters- throughout the story.

Told from seven third person perspectives (all 7 friends) I DO is an ensemble storyline that focuses on the relationships, history, emotional happiness and heartbreak between seven friends whose own relationships with one another are beginning to implode. On the eve of Duncan and Elaina’s wedding, emotions run high as friendships and relationships run a fine line between hatred and love; Elaina believes Duncan is a runaway groom: Jordan’s prior relationship with Griffin keep’s Noah wondering if Jordan made the right choice; Maggie makes a decision about her future with Griffin; and Miles is looking for something more when a Greek chef with American roots sets about to seduce our only single male. I will add that although the storyline has seven points of view, and four different but converging relationship paths, there is never any confusion to the who, what or why.

I DO is an entertaining storyline with realistic friendships and relationships-not everything is hearts and flowers; mistakes have been made; lines have been crossed. These friends have issues with one another- too much history to be forgotten; too many broken promises and broken hearts. The premise is engaging and at times I began to wonder if there would ever be a happily ever after for any of our couples as the drama of everyday life seemed, at times, to be overwhelming. The characters are passionate, emotional and real but all have an untoward propensity for casting a negative aura over their past, present and future situations ; the happily ever afters are intimate and revealing. The epilogue fast forwards the series one year wherein we get up close and personal in each couple’s lives.

A.J. Pine invites the reader into an emotional storyline about seven friends whose connections, friendships, relationships and loves, intertwine and weave a path of memories and happily ever afters.

Copy supplied by the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Do.

Started Reading