Caroline's Reviews > Their Fractured Light

Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman

liked it
bookshelves: exceeds-expectations

SERIOUSLY this is the kind of series I love. It's not at all what I expected and I love being surprised by books. This series is made out to be a series of love stories (in space wooh) but it is honestly so much more than that which makes it super amazing. Yes, these are love stories. They are also about hope and forgiveness and courage in the face of war, plus friendship and the power of determination and all these things that just make me love it more. On top of that, they are beautifully written.

A lot of the time I find constantly shifting perspectives to be really annoying because it interrupts the narrative too frequently but I really enjoyed it in this book. What made it great was that Gideon and Sofia had unique and independent voices in their perspective chapters. They could be separated but the story still flowed really well. I loved them both as characters and, although it frustrated me how often the argued and doubted their choices, they were really enjoyable to read about. They both had really vivid and interesting back stories that motivated their actions in this book. I loved how their stories tied in to the other books and the other characters from earlier in the series.

The overarching villain was actually really great. He wasn't some shitty villain they had thrown in to make it interesting and I really enjoyed that he had once been a good guy and kind of slowly become the villain. It was clever. I also really enjoyed a lot of the supernatural elements of the story; the whispers were so intriguing and the passages with them were so beautifully written!

Like seriously my enthusiasm for this series is off the charts... I love it. I'm kind of sad that it's over and also a little disappointed with the ending of this book because it was very sudden. All the plots were rounded up so nicely. I honestly just love this book and this series because it did something which happens very rarely in that it surprised me and that is one of the best compliments I can give it. I'm not sure that it is for everyone but I already can't wait to reread it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Their Fractured Light.

November 7, 2015 – Shelved