Carol's Reviews > Tricky Twenty-Two

Tricky Twenty-Two by Janet Evanovich

bookshelves: ebook, humor, mystery, series, womens-fiction, library-ebook, published-2015, read-2016

HURRAY! When the first three pages cracked me up right off the bat, I was happy as pie, and when the laughs continued, well, let's just say TRICKY TWENTY-TWO is one of the better Stephanie Plum novels I've read in quite some time.

Yes, our bounty hunter still trashes a few of Ranger's fancy cars, Yes, Grandma Mazur still attends her visitations, and Yes, Lula is still her usual spandex eating machine self; BUT I had many more laugh-out-loud moments in TRICKY TWENTY-TWO than the last three books combined. Even Mrs. P gets in a good one!

So, get ready for more laughs, some red hot encounters plus a "shocker" of a surprise from Morelli, and, of course, the usual duked out in black Ranger appearances.

Will Stephanie ever choose between the two hunks??? Who knows.......but I did like the way the story concluded in this one.....hint.....hint.....hint. 3.5 Stars with a round up to 4.0 for leaving me with a big smile on my face!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tricky Twenty-Two.

November 6, 2015 – Shelved
February 10, 2016 –
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: published-2015
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
February 11, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Sharyl (new)

Sharyl Nice review. My mother has read all of these, and feels that they have gotten less funny...good to know that they do continue to crack you up! These books are on my radar :)

Carol Sharyl wrote: "Nice review. My mother has read all of these, and feels that they have gotten less funny...good to know that they do continue to crack you up! These books are on my radar :)"

They are repetitive in theme Sharyl, but many of them are super funny. Do start at the beginning though, and thx. for liking my review! :-)

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Landers I agree. I just want to laugh and Janet Evanovich does that with Stephanie Plum

Sarah I also agree with you. This was one of the best in this series. I could not stop laughing this time around. I didn't want this one to end!

Carol Sarah wrote: "I also agree with you. This was one of the best in this series. I could not stop laughing this time around. I didn't want this one to end!"

It was a good one!!!! :-)

Alex Wow I am surprised some readers liked this one so much since I found it incredibly repetitive for the most part. I did like it when (spoiler alert) a certain someone's mother stepped up to the plate...and Lula sat on it!

Carol Alex wrote: "Wow I am surprised some readers liked this one so much since I found it incredibly repetitive for the most part. I did like it when (spoiler alert) a certain someone's mother stepped up to the plat..."

Yeah, Unfortunately they're all repetitive, but at least this one made me laugh more than the previous few....

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris I know these books have become formulaic,,but when I need a laugh & want to meet up with familiar characters I reach for this series. Now am really looking forward to this one!

Carol Chris wrote: "I know these books have become formulaic,,but when I need a laugh & want to meet up with familiar characters I reach for this series. Now am really looking forward to this one!"

Yep. We sure know what we're going to get. Enjoy Chris! :-)