Juanita Kees's Reviews > Love At First Flight

Love At First Flight by Tess Woods

"I'd built my life around this family and had lost myself in the process...He was the only person who I wasn't invisible to."

Mel has the perfect life married to the perfect man with the perfect pigeon pair, a beautiful house, and her own flourishing practice - the stuff dreams are made of. But somewhere in the fourteen years she's been a wife and a mother, she's lost her identity and sense of self-worth. That changes in an instant when she meets Matt on a flight to Melbourne.

I urge readers to look past the infidelity in the plot to see the beautiful emotions Tess Woods creates in Love at First Flight. The struggle Mel faces and the tsunami of consequences that follow the affair will keep you riveted to this read.

Life isn't always as perfect as we'd like to believe, then we think we want something different. When we make the choice it's too late to turn back, and lives are changed forever. Suddenly, you're sacrificing the most important things in your heart.

Ms Woods captures this tug of war on emotions beautifully as Mel's life spirals out of control on her journey of self-discovery. There are many lessons to be learned between these pages. The author has captured a true-to-life situation with respect and empathy for all parties in this plot. Kudos to Ms Woods for writing this controversial subject into a story and making it work in a way that will leave you emotionally drained.

A very well written debut novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love At First Flight.

Started Reading
October 30, 2015 – Finished Reading
November 6, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Tess (new)

Tess Woods Thank you so much Juanita for writing such a beautiful review. I'm thrilled that you connected with my story! :)