Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Silver Witch

The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston

liked it
bookshelves: read-2015

Ceramic artist Tilda Fordwell has moved into the Cottage in Welsh that she and her husband had purchased. But sadly they never got to live there. One year before Matt died in a traffic accident, but Tilda hopes that the lovely cottage and the peaceful surrounding will be good for her. But strange things start to happen after a while, electrical shorts outs and visions. Is there something, someone from the past that is reaching out to her?

I read The Midnight Witch last year, but I couldn't really take to it. The story didn't work for me, but this book; the parallel storyline with Tilda in the present time and Seren in the past work well for me. I liked how the two stories were linked to each other and I enjoyed both stories and how the events in the past influenced in the future. I was I admit a bit enjoyed sometimes with Seren and Prince Brynach. Mostly how blind he was about the danger they were in despite how Seren warned him. She's a god damn seeress, but he seemed to listen tp her only when he wanted to. And frankly, I could understand Brynach wife for being angry with Seren.

In the present time, Tilda is trying to figure out why she is having "power" and what the visions means and I found it intriguing to learn more of the past from her point of view at the same time reading about it as Seren is living it.

I liked the book, but I didn't love it. It was enjoyable to read, but it wasn't really a book that had an impact on me. I liked Tilda's story best I think, I found it more interesting and I was never annoyed with her as I was with Seren and Prince Brynach. Tilda and Dylan's relationship worked for me in that it didn't felt rushed. And, reading the ending made me wondering if them meeting perhaps was meant to be...

Thanks to Little, Brown Book Group and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silver Witch.

November 6, 2015 – Shelved
November 6, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read-netgalley-edelweiss
November 10, 2015 – Started Reading
November 10, 2015 –
30.0% "I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like this book since I didn't like The Midnight Witch, but so far the story is good."
November 11, 2015 –
66.0% "Time to finish the book! :)"
November 11, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
November 11, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

ashleylee I thought the same thing! I was wondering if maybe Tilda's relationship was somehow connected to Seren's how relationship in the past. Definitely makes you wonder.