Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)*'s Reviews > Bloodfever

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

bookshelves: little-fae-today
Read 3 times. Last read November 29, 2018 to December 3, 2018.

4.5 fever-frenzy Stars

Yo shithead,

Yeah, you of the withering stares and evasive non-answers. You, Mr. Jericho “Jackass” Barrons, I’m fucking watching YOU! You, with the depthless eyes and secretive ways! Every step you take is being monitored, calculated, judged. I am on to you.

I know you’ve saved my girl, Mac, from some horrid situations (don’t think I haven’t noticed it’s always at the last minute and always on your own terms, though) but I don’t trust you half as far as I can throw you, asshole. And to elaborate, that’s half of none at all. You feel me?

Don’t for a moment think I don’t notice your hungry predatory eyes, fuckface. Don’t underestimate the lengths I would go to for Mac. They are vast and questionable, morally. For now we are at a standstill, because you and I want the same thing (for very different reasons, I because I love her and you because you have use of her – And while I might agree that being needed for use is better than being needed as a woman, you are a jackass for saying that) but if you step a toe out of line and further endanger her unnecessarily I may cut a bitch, you feel me?

You need to start answering some of the hard questions, jackass. Start talking about WHY Mac should trust you because she’s getting herself into dangerous situations by trying to be as evasive as you. So pull those fucking cards at least a couple inches from that impressive chest and give her SOMETHING! Fuck. And stop with the patronizing “Ms. Lane” bullshit, Mac isn’t a fucking child and you need to quit treating her like one. Do you think that by remaining cold and unmoving you can escape responsibility for the havoc your actions have caused? By acting removed and uninvolved you will somehow escape culpability?

She is dealing unbelievably well with impossible situations, so far, and you act as though she’s a mere infant. Is it so hard for you to have an ounce of fucking compassion? What the fuck is wrong with you? Just know this, you piece of mysterious scum, everywhere you go I will follow, I will dog every step you take, move mountains that get in my way to protect her. Do not test me, jackass.

WATCH YOUR BACK!
The Vampire Ninja

PS: (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodfever.

Quotes Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Although it may not seem like it, this isn’t a story about darkness. It’s about light. Kahlil Gibran says Your joy can fill you only as deeply your sorrow has carved you. If you’ve never tasted bitterness, sweet is just another pleasant flavor on your tongue. One day I’m going to hold a lot of joy.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.
Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.”

November 5, 2015 – Started Reading
November 5, 2015 – Shelved
November 5, 2015 –
page 6
1.72% "It's our actions that define us. What we choose. What we resist. What we're willing to die for.\n \n "
page 80
22.92% "Inside me was a Mac I'd never met before. I couldn't dress her up. I couldn't make her take a bath. She wouldn't mix in pleasant society. I couldn't corral a single one of her thoughts. My only hope was she wouldn't suddenly sprout a mouth.\n She was a bloodthirsty, primitive little savage. \n And she hated pink. \n \n *rubs hands together*"
page 89
25.5% ""You must be Jack Lane," said Barrons.\n \n Oh man, please kick this cocky asshole's ass, Mr. Lane, PLEASE!!!"
page 118
33.81% ""One day you may kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence."\n "Right, and one day my prince might come."\n "I doubt he'll be a prince, Ms. Lane. Men rarely are."\n \n TRUTH!\n \n \n \n *hisses* I still hate you, Barrons..."
page 211
60.46% "There are some lines you just can't let another person cross. They don't always seem like the most important things, but only you can know what they are, and when you butt up against one, you have to defend it.\n \n *fist bump*\n \n "
page 245
70.2% "close only counts in hand-grenades and horseshoes.\n \n Excepting that I say it opposite, horseshoes and hand-grenades, this is a saying I use with frequency. (That I learned from my dad)"
page 306
87.68% ""I liked that shirt," he snarled. He rose over me, a dark demon, glistening in the torchlight, dripping sweat and blood, his torso covered with tattoos that disappeared beneath his waistband. \n \n Oh for fuck's sake..... *fans self*\n \n *glares and hisses* I fecking hate you, Barrons."
page 368
100% ""
November 7, 2015 – Shelved as: little-fae-today
November 7, 2015 – Finished Reading
May 20, 2017 – Started Reading
May 22, 2017 – Finished Reading
November 29, 2018 – Started Reading
December 3, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Ha I love this!! Freaking Barrons! UGH. (view spoiler)

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* LOL, thanks, Anna..... I didn't 'hate' that spoiler.... but I knew what came out in the wash, if you know what I mean...

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Karly *The Vampire Ninja & Luminescent Monster* wrote: "LOL, thanks, Anna..... I didn't 'hate' that spoiler.... but I knew what came out in the wash, if you know what I mean..."

Oh YES. Well I'm just not convinced by this guy >.< I loved the series though.

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* Haha, I'm undecided.... but I've got my eye on him, in a sinister way :P

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* Oh, I know!! He's a honey.... (what I picture Barrons as actually, but less of a fucking asshole)

Jilly Crazy as it sounds, you may actually get to liking Barrons by the end of book 4. ;)

Navessa I AM BEYOND EXCITED THAT YOU ARE LOVING THESE. Love this review as much as the first one. Reading it brings me back to the first time I devoured this series. I felt the EXACT same way. I was so outrageously protective of Mac, and so ARGH! about Barrons.

Aileene Lol, Karly! Hilarious and very entertaining review. I love it!

Casey This review just made me do a "happy clap" and get some side eye from the mister.
I'm so glad you are into the story. :)

message 10: by Sh3lly (last edited Nov 08, 2015 08:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sh3lly When I first read this, I wasn't a fan of Barrons until about book 3. Then, in re-reads, I started to like him more earlier on. lol

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* Oh, I already enjoy Barrons as a character, I just want to inflict bodily injury to him for the evasive way he treats Mac, Jilly :)

Cory: AHHHHHHH, yes! I know she can take care of herself but I don't want her to have to, y'know? And I may end up just writing letters for all my reviews lol there are already so many reviews for these books lol.

Casey: *snickers* thank you. You should see the looks I've been getting from CQ.... *snorts*

We shall see, sh3lly....I'm kind of digging Scotty myself ;)

Sh3lly I like Christian too, but not as much. hehe He is in the next one more, if I'm not mistaken. And he becomes more involved with the plot in the later books. Christian is very hot. haha

Aisling Zena lol awesome review Karly! :)

Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ I am loving your reviews of this series! Making me itch to read them.....

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* thanks, m'love....its definitely a right read, right time scenario but I am so hooked.

Cathryn I love that you start this review with Yo, shithead. Hahaha!!!