Mariya's Reviews > Black Night

Black Night by Christina Henry

Jan 24, 2011

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, angels-demons

BLACK NIGHT is even more hot and action-packed as the previous book Black Wings. I could not for the life of me put the book down, and I feel it has improved greatly from the issues I had with Black Wings with it reading like a YA book.

In BLACK NIGHT we get to spend more time with J.B, Madeline's boss and Nathaniel, Madeline's fiannce. I have to say that I love J.B. and just cannot get enough of him. We learn some new things about J.B, like who her really is. And I am really looking forward to more.

"Gabriel is my bodyguard," I said stiffly. J.B. snorted. "He wants something to do with your body, but it ain't guarding that he's thinking about."

I completely despised Nathaniel is the first book and I can't believe it I'm started to like him. No. That can't happen. I guess this is one of the cases when the heroine is making a big impact on the guy you kind of hate. In BLACK NIGHT I am seeing a softer side of Nathaniel that I really like and I can't wait to see more of how this guy changes.

As for Gabriel, the guy Madeline really likes but they can't be together, he was absent for most of the book and I really liked that. I think that may be one reason I really liked this book. I feel like Madeline and Gabriel are so boring. I much prefer her with one of the other guys.

Madeline kicks butt as usual and she is becoming more and more of a bad ass, just the way I like my heroines. I did find Madeline annoying some of the time in this book though. I think it was some of the decisions she made without really thinking, and the whining about needing Gabriel back.

As usual there was a great ending just like in the first book. BLACK NIGHT exceeded my expectations and surprised my quite a bit. I will be definitely picking up the third in the Madeline Black Series, Black Howl.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Night.

Quotes Mariya Liked

Christina Henry
“Gabriel is my bodyguard, " I said stiffly.
J.B. snorted. "He wants something to do with your body, but it ain't guarding that he's thinking about.”
Christina Henry, Black Night

January 24, 2011 – Shelved
January 31, 2011 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
January 31, 2011 – Shelved as: angels-demons
June 23, 2011 – Started Reading
July 23, 2011 –
page 70
25.27% "oh, how I've missed you, J.B =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"
July 24, 2011 –
page 182
65.7% ""Gabriel is my bodyguard, " i said stiffly. J.B. snorted. "He wants something to do with your body, but it ain't guarding that he's thinking about." LOL. I love J.B. =DDDDD"
July 25, 2011 –
page 277
100.0% "Oooooohhh..I can't wait to see what happens in Black Howl =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"
July 25, 2011 – Finished Reading

Samina ~ Escapism~ Love it that J.B is evil and mean to her.I love evil characters.I mean evil but still nice,you know what I mean?

Mariya J.B is nicer to her in this one and like ending of last b/c he wants to go out with her! I love his attitude of the mean boss and as the hot love interest =DDDDD