Shannon Thompson's Reviews > Winter

Winter by Marissa Meyer

bookshelves: fairy-tales, fantasy, favorite-series, great-ya, sci-fi

Stars, this series is the best. If you haven’t checked out Cinder, book 1 of The Lunar Chronicles, go to your nearest book store, library, etc. and read it right now. The first book is perfection, and each book in the series gets better and better. Winter is Book 4, and it was exciting, refreshing, and magical. I enjoyed the fairy tale spin on Snow White, and I loved Winter’s character. She was beautiful, shameless, and honest—delicate and wild at the same time—and a welcome addition to the Lunar Chronicles cast. I enjoyed seeing more of Luna and how it functioned as a society, though I use the term function lightly, and the ending was fantastic. I wish I could say more, but I don’t want to spoil the Lunar Chronicles for anyone. Trust me, it’s well worth the read if you love young adult sci-fi and fantasy, especially fairy tale retellings.
~SAT
Recommended to: Fans of YA sci-fi and fantasy, especially readers who love fairy tale retellings
Favorite Quote:
“You might be an idiot, but I assure you, you’re quite a lovable one.”
He shook his head. “You’re the only person in the galaxy who would ever call me lovable.”
“I’m the only person in the galaxy crazy enough to believe it.”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter.

November 4, 2015 – Shelved