Savanna Kaiser's Reviews > The Thorn Keeper

The Thorn Keeper by Pepper D. Basham

Nov 04, 2015

This is the second book I've read by Pepper Basham. It's the second time I've been swept away by her romantic stories and the second time I've been touched to tears with her words. The Thorn Keeper is a book to read slowly and savor. It is so full of emotion and beautiful, bittersweet redemption. It's not one I think readers will possibly forget.

I loved Catherine and David. These characters cling to your heart long after the the last page. I loved seeing the differences in their pasts and what God teaches them through the book. Their friendship is fun and beautiful, but their romance is sooooo much more. Oh boy, is it sweet and steamy! ;) LOVED every minute of it! For those of you with a heart for romance novels, you don't want to miss this one, trust me.

I enjoyed the small bits of history pieced in and even survived a couple of the twists that really threw me for a loop! Wow, I did not see a few things coming. ;) The incredible dedication to their callings made me love these characters even more. Their hardships are real and applicable for a hurting world and their faith and healing in God is also very real.

While this book is part of a series and I was glad to see where things picked up with Catherine, readers can still appreciate this story separate from The Thorn Bearer. Every chapter pulled me right into the next and I have no doubt this book is gonna capture many hearts.

I already have both of the books in this series on my kindle, but I plan on getting them both in paperback as well. They deserve a spot on my bookshelf. They deserve to be read over again and shared with others. I hope all of you will take the opportunity to read this special story. Thank you, Pepper, for a beautiful journey.

This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the author for my copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thorn Keeper.