Celia's Reviews > The Stone Key

The Stone Key by Isobelle Carmody

bookshelves: fantasy, youngadult

** spoiler alert ** I am loving this so far - yes, some clumsy exposition, overly formal dialogue, but who cares - I have loved these characters since I first read Obernewtyn at age 11, 12? And reading this takes me right back to that uncritical age. I have a feeling I will enjoy this book tremendously no matter what.

***

I managed to stretch out my reading over quite a few days, which I was pleased with - I adored this book. What a fantastic continuation of the series. Then I went and read this thread at Obernewtyn.net and boggled at all the various theories that fans have developed after reading this book. It's made me want to go through and read the series again from the beginning, and then read The Stone Key again.

I loved the way Elspeth has matured and developed in this book, I loved the resolution of her relationship with Rushton (in fact, it hadn't really dawned on me that there were fans that didn't like the Elspeth/Rushton relationship - wah? They are Meant to Be Together!), and the continuation of her quest is most terribly exciting. I loved the part set in the Beforetime complex.

Oh please Isobelle, don't take another 8 years with The Sending.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stone Key.

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

katie Obernewtyn was my first ever fandom; I'd forgotten the anti-Elspeth/Rushton people, haha. Though that theory about Matthew being the you-know-what is interesting and makes an awful lot of sense.