Abhi Yerra's Reviews > The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers

The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz

This is the books for any CEO, executive or employee of a VC funded startup which is around 100 people or more. Horowitz describes most everything that can go wrong at a company that size and how to deal with the situations. These include hiring executives and potential pitfalls with their backgrounds, how to deal with promotions and training of employees, and all the role of a wartime CEO. A wartime CEO being one who has to deal with a sea of uncertainty in an environment where the company is not thriving. This is the main aspect of the book that I enjoyed since it seems that Opsware was a company that was constantly in wartime. Horowitz covers many of the bad things that I had experienced at companies that I have worked for so it is great to see insight on how to deal with some of those issues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hard Thing About Hard Things.

November 4, 2015 – Shelved