Morgan (The Bookish Beagle)'s Reviews > This Adventure Ends

This Adventure Ends by Emma   Mills

bookshelves: ya-contemp, favorites
Read 2 times. Last read October 11, 2016.

I loved so much about this book. The writing is amazing, I'll read anything that Emma Mills writes. From the opening chapter, you get a real sense of these characters and watching their friendships evolve and intertwine was such a joy. It felt real. Making friends is strange and something I think about a lot actually, especially as an adult when it's not quite as easy as finding someone in class. Getting to that point where you think you can say, yes we're friends, I can text them, we can hang out, they like me- it's nervewracking! From that standpoint I really related to Sloane. And I had a very tight group of friends my senior year of high school.

I also LOVED Sloane's dad, oh my god. I was laughing so much, he was amazing. Especially all the fandom stuff! Ironically I don't read a lot of fic because I'm not willing to wade through thousands of fics to find the good ones, but I do like fic and I love how he talked about fandom and passion and writing.

This was just my type of contemporary. It makes you think and there's a real depth to it but it's not heavy handed. It's also full of humor and banter and voice. Vera might have been my favorite, she was so wonderful. NOT TO MENTION SHE AND HER GIRLFRIEND DRESSED AS CAP AND BUCKY FOR HALLOWEEN ONE YEAR. That's just one of the fun pop culture references in this book. There's even a Ferris Bueller shout out! But I really loved Sloane and I loved Gabe so much. All of the friend group was perfect (OH YEAH I LOVED FRANK TOO. FRANK, YOU WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING) but I loved the three of them in particular. It was nice to see levels of friendship too. Sloane and Remy had their own friendship within the group, as did the others, yet they were all still a unit. I like that. I rarely argue with friends and I'm always afraid to so it was reassuring to see just how unbreakable their friendship was. Plus the end is pretty darn cute :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Adventure Ends.

November 2, 2015 – Shelved
November 2, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 5, 2016 – Shelved as: ya-contemp
October 11, 2016 – Started Reading
October 11, 2016 –
page 37
October 11, 2016 – Finished Reading
December 28, 2018 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
December 28, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
December 28, 2018 –
66.0% (Kindle Edition)
December 28, 2018 – Shelved as: ya-contemp (Kindle Edition)
December 28, 2018 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
December 29, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites