Nicole's Reviews > Tempted by a Vampire

Tempted by a Vampire by Susan Griscom

bookshelves: 2015-15k, 2015-botb, arc, book-tour-book, paranormal, vampires

This was my first time reading anything by Susan Griscom and I found that I enjoyed the way she writes. This is a pretty standard paranormal romance with a couple (or 3) twists thrown in for good measure. I did find myself rolling my eyes at certain parts of the story, but those instances could just nothing more than my overactive brain thinking way too hard. There were also a few questions that were never fully resolved (at least for me they weren't). Since this is the first book in the series, I'm kind of hoping that these questions will be answered in a later story:

- Why didn't Jewels stick around that fateful night?
- What happened with Kellen?

I will admit that my eyes were stuck on rolling at the start of the story with Magdalena and her thoughts and actions when it came to Kellen. She was just too naive when it came to him; at least she got it together relatively early in the story about their relationship and made the right decision.

Magdalena is a decent enough character; there's really nothing about her to dislike. Cian on the other hand, is a great book boyfriend, even if he is a vampire. He's hot (in the looks sense, not the body temperature sense) but sweet and caring. Which is vastly different than how vampires are perceived and written about. He's really, really into Magdalena, to the point of sacrificing himself to save her. Who doesn't want a man like that? And he sings too!

I really enjoyed this story, and I'm hoping we get to learn more about the other characters we got to meet that are a part of Magdalena's and Cian's world.

ARC provided in exchange for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted by a Vampire.

October 30, 2015 – Started Reading