T. Rosado's Reviews > Paint My Body Red

Paint My Body Red by Heidi R. Kling

bookshelves: favorites, romance, young-adult, netgalley, mystery-suspense, arc, 2015, all-time-faves, 6-stars

5+ SHOCKINGLY BEAUTIFUL STARS!

Although tough material was tackled in this sociologically current novel, I closed the book after the last page and let out a happy sigh. Heidi Kling, you rocked this novel!

I will honestly admit that I had some reservations going into this book due to the subject matter - suicide, illness, rape, and death. I would have completely cheated myself if I hadn't delved right in. The book is written in Paige's POV, but that doesn't hinder what we experience with the other characters in the story. With Paige's conversations, descriptions and inner dialogue, Heidi Kling was still able to take every role in this book, major or minor, and give them authentic and believable voices. This is incredibly true with Paige as she is forced to grow up quickly with the events that take place around her, but yet she still longs to be mommy and daddy's little girl. Paige is probably one of the most well-written and honest characters that I have read all year. As for the romance, I couldn't love a hero more than Jake. He's the perfect laid back cowboy for Paige and the intense recovery from her tumultuous year. After a book like Paint My Body Red, I'm reminded why I love to read.

I was given a copy of Paint My Body Red from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paint My Body Red.

November 1, 2015 – Shelved