E.A. Harwik's Reviews > Legacy of Greyladies

Legacy of Greyladies by Anna Jacobs

Legacy of Greyladies by Anna Jacobs is book three of her Greyladies series. Set during the first European war, the story allows the reader to follow and share the adventures of Olivia Hanbury who pains with past loss while seeking to recover purpose free of masculine exploitation.

On the surface the Greyladies series read very much as expected of Anna Jacobs without a secondary romantic characterization. However, scratch the surface and out pops a subtle twist, which links the books. The protagonist passion and loyalty is divided, without being divided, between a caring sole mate and a need to pursue belonging and custodial care of Greyladies. Greyladies exists as a place, a group of people and a longstanding legacy for others, which must be protected. The secondary sub-plot might well be the primary it’s hard to tell with Anna Jacobs. All this leads to an enchantingly complex, yet delightful reading experience that plays upon every emotion available within.

Book one of the series, Heir to Greyladies, introduced me to what was to come without allowing me to discover the link or sub-plot for what it was. Book two, Mistress of Greyladies, opened my eyes yet still I blindly blundered along. Somewhere in this third book I twigged, which meant I read them all again only to discover I was meant to read them so.

Truly enjoyed this book and series. They represent first class Anna Jacobs entertainment. Great value in any currency.

Five stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy of Greyladies.

Started Reading