Kristen Burns's Reviews > Darkfall

Darkfall by Janice Hardy

4 Stars

Review:
Once again, I have to be honest: I read this book in 2015, I wrote this review in maybe 2017 based on my notes about how I felt toward the book right after reading it, and I'm now finally posting it in 2019. So I don't know how I'd feel about the book now, but this review is how I felt about the book when I read it.

I actually liked this book even better than the other two! There were a lot of things I liked, so I'll go from least exciting to most exciting because why not?

The whole trilogy was really consistent, in a good way. The writing, the pacing, the likeability of the characters, etc. was pretty steady throughout. I did give this one a slightly higher rating, but, considering I was with the characters for three books and grew to really love them, that makes sense.

This one also had a more intense, more action-packed plot than the others (there was a war going on this time even), and the other two had a very similar plot whereas this one was different. I liked how everything kept building up and up and up at a really good pace without much time in between to even breathe (but just enough so I wasn't overwhelmed) until it reached a crescendo, and I wasn't disappointed.

I loved how emotional and intense that scene was when *SPOILER* (view spoiler) *END SPOILER*

I also liked that the book didn't end with one of those epilogues about the characters' kids' names. It wasn't open either though. Everything was just wrapped up really well without going too far.

The book also had some humor, like the last two. I especially loved that they called the camp on Jeatar's farm "Jeatown."

But the thing I loved most, once again, was the characters. They were so lovable! Or, at the very least, entertaining or intriguing. But again, I won't include all my thoughts on them here since I already did that in my review of Book 1.

So overall, I really liked this book and thought it was a strong finale with a great ending!

Recommended For:
Fans of Books 1 and 2 in Janice Hardy's The Healing Wars series. Anyone who likes middle grade high fantasy and lovable characters.

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfall.

October 30, 2015 – Started Reading
October 30, 2015 – Shelved
October 30, 2015 –
64.0% ":-("
October 31, 2015 –
100.0% "This series was so good!"
October 31, 2015 – Finished Reading