Jesse (JesseTheReader)'s Reviews > Illuminae

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman

WOW. THIS WAS GOOD. It took me quite some time to really get into the story, but after around the 200 page mark I was hooked!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illuminae.

October 30, 2015 – Started Reading
October 30, 2015 – Shelved
October 30, 2015 –
page 172
October 30, 2015 –
page 172
28.71% "I think I'm going to have to hold off on reading this till closer to the live show, because I'm afraid I'll forget certain details! I AM REALLY ENJOYING THIS THOUGH!"
November 16, 2015 –
page 201
33.56% "Enjoying this, but I'm struggling keeping track of the characters."
November 17, 2015 –
page 350
November 18, 2015 –
page 509
84.97% "WE'RE IN THE HOMESTRETCH & EVERYTHING IS CRAZY."
November 20, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

message 1: by Michal Lynn (new) - added it

Michal Lynn I'm excited to read this, but I feel like I should set aside some time with a notebook to make sure I don't get lost!

Lindsay I completely agree with the 200 page mark. It seems like a long time to wait to get into a story, but the visual effects make it go really fast.

I don't think it's easy to get lost in. I would just advise paying attention to people's names/titles. I tended to get some of the army/marines mixed up.

message 3: by Serenity (new) - added it

Serenity Chambers One of my next reads! Can't wait!

Bethany It took me a while, too, but for me it was just getting used to the format and the excessive cussing of characters.

Emily I felt the same way!

Just Another Bookish Blog yep, after 200 pages things finally fell into place :) BUT IT’S SO AMAZING! I’m so close to being done with it! Can’t wait to see your live show!

Blake I absolutely loved this book. I was hooked from page 1 (not an exaggeration)!

message 8: by Kirsty (new) - added it

Kirsty ILLUMINAE IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!It has the best plot, characters,setting,and ending

message 9: by Brianna (new) - added it

Brianna Good to know!! I'm at around page 145 and I am feeling a bit disconnected from the story. I LOVED it at first, but now it's falling a bit short of my expectations. Hopefully I'll be hooked after pg. 200, just like you!!

message 10: by Danielbook (new) - added it

Danielbook what is it about?

Franziska I'm just about page 200 and I have to agree. It took me a while to get into this whole file reading thing and remembering all those characters who have more than just one name. Anyhow now after 200 pages I get really intrigued by this whole spaceship battle thing and Ezra's love to Kadey.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Thank you so much for doing this review. This is one I'm really looking forward to reading in 2016!

Rebeca Flores It's taking me a while to get into the story too, I'm on page 175, I'll keep reading

Mukundan Vasuda I think it's taking me a while because of the jumbled pieces of the story that I am trying to patch up in my head. I am at the 200th page so hopefully everything falls into place.

message 15: by AlexB. (new) - added it

AlexB. Wow, is that a good thing or a bad thing???

Keanen Wells I do agree that this book had amazing parts to it.. But I just couldn't seem to get hooked on it!! Personally it was hard to understand or comprehend at some points in the book I think more detail and points of emphasis could've benefitted the story as a whole.

Rosie_Posie_Reads I just couldn't get into it... the formatting was just a distraction and it was hard to be hooked when I was confused. I'm sad that I couldn't get into it thought T_T