Marsha Keeper Bookshelf's Reviews > The Moonshadow's Daughter

The Moonshadow's Daughter by Kaylie Newell

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, series

First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

It’s not easy, staying “dead” to the world, yet Aimee had managed it for about two years now. Living in isolation, an outsider truly looking in on any of the goings on in her former home town, Aimee intended to keep her distance and her secret. Since being bitten, Aimee has lived in hiding, barely surviving but so far she has kept her life in not her sanity. Now a flu virus is her largest threat.

Jake wasn’t expecting the attraction he felt toward Aimee. Yes, he got that she is the missing girl the town has been searching for, but there are secrets that Aimee is keeping from everyone especially him. And since he is still reeling from his wife’s death, he doesn’t want the attraction to mean anything. But he cannot deny it.

There is much to fear in the woods around Wolfe Creek – and it isn’t Aimee. There is danger lurking, waiting for the chance to strike. Jake and Aimee are in its sights now they must not only fight the attraction they feel, but also what is out to destroy them.

The Moonshadow’s Daughter is the concluding story in the Wolfe Creek series. I wish there were more, and maybe one day we’ll get to revisit this unusual and admittedly spooky town. It was a relief to finally have all the information out in the open about Aimee’s experience. Jake is an interesting and obviously torn character. I never doubted his attraction to Aimee. Still he was in the earlier stages of grief over his wife’s death and his almost constant comparison of the two women was uncomfortable. I was middle of the road because I got why he does the things he does, but I also wanted him to make a choice and be content with it.

I really enjoyed this story and would highly recommend it to paranormal romance readers, and really anyone who enjoys an intense, intricate mystery. There is evil here and the suspense level is high. Definitely a series you’ll want to discover.

*I received an e-ARC of The Moonshadow’s Daughter from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. That does not change what I think of this novel.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moonshadow's Daughter.

Started Reading