Kerry Melton's Reviews > Current

Current by Abby McCarthy

19882231

Life is like a current. It has that ripple effect. This is what happens to June and Jake their lives were turned by the current. Jake doesn't come from the best of homes but when he becomes friends with June he sees there are light and beauty outside his darkness. Their friendship grows as time passes.

June is in college living the all-American dream of college life she's writing a piece for a paper and finds herself so drawn to the singer Luke. He looks familiar. She can't shake this feeling like she knows him
Luke and June become friends but through this friendship, June thinks her mind's playing tricks on her.

Life throws a curve ball and it just smacks you into reality with the turn of events that take place for June. It's something you don't see coming, the connection these two have comes once in a lifetime. Luke doesn't know where to begin with June and the events that happened to him just leaves him not being able to express them.

This is a beautiful story about two kids that have gone through life events that change their course. Will they be able to get back to the way things were or will life define their course? It's an emotional roller coaster, anguish, suspense and love all in this one book. I devoured this in one sitting. I honestly couldn't get enough and when it was over I was so mad. this isn't like Abby's other books this is my top favorite of hers. She shows her growth writing, but also delivers a beautiful love/tragic story.

Blushing babes are up all night

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Current.

October 29, 2015 – Shelved