JL's Reviews > Lies Unspoken

Lies Unspoken by Lisa De Jong

12071950

bookshelves: 2015-reads, 5-stars, favorites

"No one ever said love was easy. It it were, it wouldn't be worth it."

I knew it, this book will slay me. I should have known that Lisa de Jong will have my heart broken and she did it again. Have you ever experienced that moment when you found yourself enjoying the book and then you have no words to describe it because it was so amazing and you can’t find the right terms to describe it? That’s what I felt after reading this book.

I really don’t know how people (and that includes fictional characters) bear this kind of pains.

“Love isn’t defined by what you deserve. It’s about finding that one person you know you can’t live without and never letting them go."

After getting her heart broken because her fiancé dumped her, Lila decided to leave those painful memories behind and have a fresh start. She traveled all her way from Nebraska to Chicago. She then met the gorgeous, sexy, and definitely handsome CEO, Pierce Stanley. Then, when she went to her friend’s place, she discovered that she will be having a roommate named Blake Stone. He is Mellory’s (friend’s) older brother who is a mysterious, handsome, sarcastic, inconsiderate, stubborn and an ‘asshole’, according to Lila.

“You're the type of woman that men don't know they want until they've already fallen. You're there, and then you're just...everywhere.”

Lila’s past was indeed painful but I love her determination to have a fresh start. I admire her courage to step on her own and move on. I admire her so much, I wanted to become an interior designer but I guess interior designing loathes me so much.

This book is intended for you to feel contradicting emotions. There are times that I wanted to stop reading the book because Blake is being an asshole but I can’t because his mysterious demeanor makes me want to read the book up to the end. Like you wanted to ship Lila and Pierce together but your heart is for Blake all along. This book is so unpredictable. There are a lot of twists and turns in the story that will make you feel happy at first and then it will leave you feeling as if your heart broke into million pieces.

This book is a page-turner for me. I love the connections build in the story and how the author keep the ‘relationship’ of the characters interesting. I really have to stop myself to open my e-reader and read while our instructor is having her lecture.

So there, 5 out 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies Unspoken.

October 29, 2015 – Shelved
October 29, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
November 1, 2015 – Started Reading
November 1, 2015 –
12.0% "Blake..."
November 2, 2015 –
42.0% "whew... it's getting hot in here!!! *fans self*"
November 2, 2015 –
63.0% "Oh my, Blake! I really want to kick your a**. You're such an a-hole!"
November 2, 2015 –
80.0% "Whooaa.. This is getting more interesting."
80.0% "Oh. My. Heart."
November 2, 2015 –
85.0% "Oh. My. Heart. 0.2"
November 2, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reads